The Morrison Veterinary Clinic was founded by Dr. Alfred M. Olson in 1942. He was a new graduate from Iowa State University and practiced veterinary medicine until his passing in 1972. The original office was located in the 200 block of East Main Street. Prior to 1942, the veterinary services in the Morrison region were provided by “self-taught” Ben Bull.
The practice moved from the East Main Street location to its present location at the corner of Route 30 and Lyndon Road in 1967. In addition to the Morrison facility, the River Bend Small Animal Clinic on “Main Street” in Fulton was opened in 1984. However, due to increased demand at the Morrison office, the River Bend Small Animal Clinic closed in December 2018.
Since the beginning of the Morrison Veterinary Clinic, its mission has been to provide the highest quality of veterinary medicine to the residents of Morrison and the surrounding communities. The values of the Morrison area (such as religious diversity, the quality of education offered in its schools, the work ethic and the friendliness of its citizens, and the recreational opportunities) have all played a role to those that have chosen to practice the profession of veterinary medicine. The doctors and staff of the Morrison Veterinary Clinic would like to thank all their clients and their animals (both large and small) for allowing them the chance to serve them!